Thursday, January 22, 2009

Why Twitter Matters

I recently got religion, so take this with a grain of salt, but...

Twitter matters.

It is part of my exocortex. It is one of the tools that I use to process information outside of my brain.

Thanks in part to my newly found religion, Twitter is not the only extension of my neocortex that I use. I use Emacs org-mode. I have a Moleskine. I store things in delicious. So no, Twitter is not the entirety of my exocortex, but it is the most important part...

What makes it so important is that it the part of my exocortex that I share with others. I influence others. Others influence me. All in 140 characters. No wasting anyone's time (much). Little risk of my time being wasted.

It's that interaction that makes it so important. Because every now and then, you get something that inspires you to achieve. Or you inspire some else. Or maybe, just maybe, you get this.

No comments:

Post a Comment